Thursday, March 1, 2012

* It could be worse *

This week hasn't gone at all like planned. I'm sure anyone who has ever been alive knows what that's like!
I hurt my leg on Monday (yes while working out) Samara accidentally ate a piece of moldy bread and my grandmother who is 83 had to be hospitalized for a stomach issue.

I wasn't supposed to get hurt at the gym and miss 3 days of working out. How am I supposed to meet my goal if I can't work out? Samara wasn't supposed to throw up 4 times in one night and I wasn't supposed to be doing laundry at 10pm. I was supposed to visit the Carlsbad Flower Fields for the first time tomorrow with my grandmother, but how am I supposed to do that if she is still in the hospital?

I was reminded of something Joyce Meyer said before; "The minute we think we are in control of our lives, we are in BIG trouble."

These words rang true this week for me. I know that sometimes all I can do is thank God because it could be worse than it is and sometimes just throw my hands up not only in surrender but in worship.

I am so blessed! My husband stayed home today to make sure I was okay to care for Samara. He knew my leg has been hurt and he didn't know what kind of day Samara would have today. Thankfully Samara got the bug out of her system and my leg is starting to feel normal again BUT having him home today to help with all the little tasks that can become so difficult was wonderful.

He isn't a man of many words, he doesn't always know the right things to say and he may not always be romantic or lovey dovey BUT he is all around a good man. No a GREAT man. Most importantly an amazing father. The kids have so much fun playing tickle with him.

Today and all days I am thankful, in the midst of not so perfect plans I find perfection in God his Grace and love for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment